Data Science is the field that studies data and how to extract meaning from data and communicate it. While Machine Learning focuses on tools, synthesis ai datasets for machine learning, and techniques for building models that can be learned from their user data. Machine Learning is often an important tool for Data Science, especially for making predictions from data. Here are some differences between Machine Learning and Data Science:
1. Destination. Data Science is used to find insights from data. Machine Learning is used to make predictions or new data classifications based on existing data.
2. Required skills. Data Science requires strong analytical skills accompanied by domain or field expertise, SQL, Visualization, and communication skills. Machine Learning requires a strong understanding of mathematics and statistics and Python/R programming.
3. The final result. The output of Data Science is in the form of reports or figures resulting from data insights, which are needed for decision-making related to solving a problem or increasing company profits. While the output of Machine Learning is a model that can be used to solve the same problem in the future.
The differences between Expert Systems and Machine Learning are:
– Expert Systems are highly structured to simulate the steps and decision-making processes followed by an expert in a particular field to perform tasks and make decisions.
– Machine Learning is less structured but more complex, allowing machines to make data-driven decisions, not telling a solution specifically what to do and how to do it.
The main difference is that an expert system is a rule-based system whereas Machine Learning is based on statistical data modeling. That is, the expert system uses if-then statements when performing inferences while the ML system projects input into the model based on certain Machine Learning algorithms. Expert systems are useful when the steps to perform a task are limited and sequential.
Expert systems are also more useful when it is possible to extract the necessary knowledge and skills from human experts. When the solution to a problem involves more variability and uncertainty, Machine Learning is often a better choice than an Expert System. So instead of developing a structured process to solve the problem, you can simply enter a large amount of relevant data into the machine and let the model figure out how to solve the problem.